Top 10 Best PEO Companies in Illinois (2019 Reviews)
To many people Illinois is the center of the country and Chicago is in many ways just like New York or Los Angeles in the fact that it is a business hub and a great area to grow your own startup or small business. And being an agricultural center as well as a business center means that Illinois is full of opportunity.
Yet there’s a lot of work to manage when running a business, payroll and HR tasks not the least of them. There is help on this front, however, in the form of professional employer organizations (PEOs), which will handle these tasks and more for you, also providing benefits, training, and compliance support to your business.
Yet there are plenty of them operating in Illinois, so which one should you choose? To help you, we found five of the best for you to take a look at:
One of the largest privately held PEOs with over 8000 businesses under its management (about $9 billion in total payroll), Oasis is a quickly growing company that knows how to help your business no matter what it’s doing in Illinois and no matter where it is going. Since 1966 they have pledged to offer great customer service, struck excellent bargains with benefits providers, and have remained flexible for their clients.
They even have more specialized plans for certain industries, and while their growth may be internally unwieldy, you can expect from this even more options in the future.
Oasis might be best for your business if:
- You would like to work with a PEO that can accommodate your business no matter how it changes over time or what industry it is in.
- You would like to be on the receiving end of quality support and service.
- You have a small company (or even a fledging startup) that is still growing and want a PEO that can expand services as you grow.
CoAdvantage is for businesses who are looking for an affordable PEO provider that nonetheless provides you with all the tools and services you’ll need to succeed. With clients in every state and over 90,000 employees under their management, CoAdvantage is another rapidly growing company and embraces technology like almost no other PEO service provider, making them quick to respond to client needs and wants.
They’re also quick to respond to recruitment needs and will help you as much as possible on that front. And after recruitment, you’ll find that CoAdvantage is the best choice for active managers who want to use the best tools to keep track of their team.
CoAdvantage might be best for your business if:
- You think your business is likely to be doing more recruiting in the future and you would like expert assistance.
- You are a business owner that would like to use up to date productivity tracking and management tools.
- The idea of working with a rapidly growing PEO appeals to you.
3) Engage PEO
Not many PEO companies can match Engage PEO when it comes to excellence, and with more than 20 years in the industry, you can trust them to not only invest in their staff heavily but also do everything they can for your staff as well. Engage has some of the best training programs and resources in the industry, making them a frontrunner for businesses with improvement as a core value.
And with their excellent compliance assistance on top of these training options, and credentials that can’t be beaten, any business willing to spend money on the best that has more than 10 employees (their minimum) will want to at least call them to see how they can help.
Engage PEO might be best for your business if:
- You’re worried about your business successfully navigating often complex regulations and would like expert help with those tasks.
- You want to work with some of the best people in the industry who are employed by an accredited industry with the highest internal standards.
- You are looking to upgrade from another PEO service now that your business has grown.
A company that’s growing at every turn and an excellent choice if you are looking for a more customized plan, Alphastaff can deliver. They can handle all the normal processes and tasks one would expect of a PEO, and they have many other additional options you’ll want to review if Alphastaff seems like a good fit. And if you aren’t going to use something, you can save money by not asking for it.
And while they’re a strong choice for most businesses, we would like to state that their specialized industry options don’t compare well to the other companies on this list, so keep that in mind. The one exception to this is businesses in Illinois working in or around health care.
Alphastaff might be best for your business if:
- You are open to the idea of creative problem solving for HR and payroll challenges.
- Your business works in the health care industry.
- You know what you want from a PEO service or have used one before, and you want to create a service plan yourself.
TriNet serves businesses in every state including Illinois, and with they have $37 billion in payroll under management over 15,000 clients, making them one of the more notable providers in the country, especially considering their accommodations to businesses in specific industries and businesses with remote employees (their online platform is far above-par).
And while TriNet might not be for businesses looking to pinch every penny or get a extremely specific plan tailored for your business, working with them will net you the benefits of services and processes that have been continually refined over 30 years. TriNet can provide your business with the complete package, and that’s not always easy to find.
TriNet might be best for your business if:
- You want to manage employees that are not only in your office area but also across the country.
- You want to provide excellent health insurance and other benefit options to your employees.
- You don’t want to make a long commitment to a service provider.
We hope that among the above PEO service providers you are able to find a company that suits the needs of your business perfectly at an affordable rate. There are other options are well, and a lot more to learn about PEOs, and if you’re interested, we suggest you do some more research, take notes, and come back here when you’re ready. Remember that only you know what will be best for your Illinois business, and that the needs of you and your employees come first.