Making Money Online
These days everyone wants to make money online, people often create a website, do some promotions, and then wonder why there is no treasure chest at the end of the rainbow. Here is the secret that many webmasters overlook: having a website is not enough to make money, you will need to find a way of turning those visitors into a revenue stream. Over the last 7 years I’ve brought in over a million dollars online, using dozens of different techniques. Choosing the right method can be the difference between $100 a day and a $100 a month.
The first thing I recommend is that you check out my online training about how I made my first $100,000 from a blog. It outlines all the techniques I used and I don’t hold back, no fluff, just quality content. You can view this by clicking here.
How I Make Money Online
In order of making me the most money.
Selling Your Own Product Online
In 2010 I launched my first product online. In the first day, it made over $1000. In 2011 it made over $500,000. So how did I do it?
I found a problem, create the solution and then sold it, a lesson taught by Stuart Wilde.
By this, I mean, don’t create a product just because you want it or because you think it will be ‘cool’. It has to solve a problem because problems always need to be solved by people and those people are willing to pay for them.
Products can be anything, an eBook, online video course, software, videos, audios etc.
Lets say for example you have a health website and you want to create yourself a problem, you could create a eBook called Bullet Proofing Your Health, 107 Tips To Boost Your Immune System!
You write the content, put it into a PDF and then sell it through your blog with a PayPal buy button or using an online Merchant such as Clickbank.
Affiliate Products – Selling Other Peoples Products On Commission
Affiliate marketing rocks! Here’s how it works:
You find a product you want to sell, this can be literally anything from eBooks, DVD’s to blenders on Amazon. You can promote this product with an affiliate link, your website visitor will read about it, perhaps find it interesting, click then link, go to the products website and perhaps buy it. If they do buy it, you will get a commission. A commission could be anything from 4% (using for physical products) to 75% (for downloadable products like eBooks & software).
Here’s some helpful links:
- Clickbank.com – a marketplace of educational products that you can sell as an affiliate.
- Amazon Assosiates Program – the affiliate center for all of Amazons product. You can sell anything on Amazon as an affiliate.
- Maxblogpres Ninja Affiliate – a great WordPress plugin for cloaking affiliate links so that they don’t look like you are promoting a product for a commission. Proven to boost conversions!
- Traffic Domination – my online course about how we got over 10,000,000 million visitors to our sites.
Selling Advertising Space
This is the very first way I made money online. It’s simple, you decide where you want to sell advertising space and then you go out an sell it.
There are various ways you can sell your ads:
- You can sell it independently and bill your customers using PayPal.
- You can use a third party such as BuySellads.
- You could use Google Adsense and they will pay you per click you get on your adverts.